Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Boy Least Likely To...


new band - of course british, of course quirky and has the most interesting version of Faith by Georget Micheal that I have ever heard.  Very cool band who i've been listening to for a few months now, definitely worth the listen. Check em out.  My favorite from their debut album, The Best Party Ever, is I'm glad i hitched my apple wagon to your star although Hugging My Grudge is a close second....link is under Listen Up! list.  I'm just hoping that i haven't missed them in concert recently.  lately i've been off the concert scene, however last week i attended 2 concerts. (Just trying to make up for my lack of  concert attendance fo late..) My favorite..The Shout out louds from Sweden and Blue october.  The shout out louds were brilliant.  I hadnt seen them in a couple of years and i must say that they didn't disappoint.  I've also decided that The Parish Room in Austin has perhaps the best acoustics for live music in the state of Texas as their website purports.  theres' no smoking which is enjoyable and it's small enough to where a shorter individual like myself can find just the right place to stand and have an excellent view :)  Blue October as usual was excellent.  it wasn't cool when a couple of guys started a fight and that led justin to ask them to be removed from the concert.  I also didn't enjoy the song that consisted of using the F word constantly and flipping the bird...just not my kind of song, but other than that they were excellent and i'd definitely go see them again.

No comments: