Monday, August 6, 2007

Holy Frak!

So I do listen to a lot of music, but I also watch a lot of different TV shows. I blame my father. there's a picture out there somewhere of me when i was months old laying in his lap he has the tv on and a book open. I definitely get my habits from my father. I can never just watch TV, or listen to music, or read, i'm always doing 2 out of 3 of these things..one day i'll figure a way to do all 3 at the same time. This weekend was brilliant, i didn't move anything. Actually this is a lie, i moved some of the stuff from my car into storage so now i look less like a bag lady. Since i had nothing pressing to do this weeked i finally sat down and watched the first season of Battlestar Galactica. how the hell did i miss this show when it first came out??!!! normally i'm the first person to jump on to a new show, but maybe cuz it was on Sci Fi i missed it. anyways the brilliance of being 3 seasons behind is i can watch the seasons straight through. no waiting for the next week for a new episode. this show is so fascinating. It's got some crazy religious undertones you wouldn't expect from a sci fi show. It's also extremely well written and beautifully shot. Frak is a bad word in space apparently and i'm totally mixing that into my vocabulary...next time someone messes with me i'm gonna say "Don't Frak with me..i'm in no mood for it!" I also watched 2 new shows that are set to come out this fall. Can i just say that Pushing Daisies and Reaper are my two new favorite shows. They are both so oddly funny and whimsical. I'm not sure what it says about the entertainment industry that the theme this year is death, but the way these shows deal with death is so different. Definitely more uplifting and a pleasure to watch. Pushing Daisies definitely has an Amelie feel to it which if you haven't seen the French film..watch it..the travelocity gnome makes an interesting 3rd character. Daisies is gonna be starting Wednesday nights off for ABC on Oct 3rd. Reaper can be caught on the CW Tuesdays at 8PM beginning 9/25. On a side note i booked my mat kearney show..so very excited about it. the small amount i saw him earlier this summer just barely whet my appetite. i'm beyond thrilled that i get the opportunity to see him play again and this time a full on set of music. couldn't quite get through an entire post without at least saying something about music...ah well..i'll try again next time.

No comments: